Lucy Gosling's Year 12 Media Studies Blog



In my blog you will see all the work I have done to
come to my final Music Magazine creation and all the research and planning that came with it. Enjoy (:


Thursday 6 October 2011

Front Cover Magazine Text Analysis


Here I have analysed two magazine front covers, Q and VIBE. I have analysed the main features that are visible on the front cover such as mini headline that include stories featured inside. I have thought about the effect and influence it may have on the reader when making the decision to buy the magazine or not. If there are artists featured on the outside of the magazine that the readers are interested in they are more likely to pick up and view the magazine, therefore potentially buying it.  
From this I have learnt the key features in which I will need to include in my own Magazine, for example large headlines including stories feature in the magazine, catchy and engaging language such as 'shocking' to make the reader what to know what is included as well as including such things as sneak peeks to engage the reader and want them to read more.

1 comment:

  1. Great detail Lucy - well done. Make sure you're using all the appropriate media terminology (genre, audience, institution, conventions and codes etc.) CHA

    ReplyDelete